- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced Baby Portobello mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom caps chopped
- 1 cup sliced, cleaned, leeks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar of roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups goat cheese or feta cheese
- 9 cups sourdough bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, leeks, salt and pepper.
- Saute 10 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs and chopped red peppers, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, half and half and 1/2 goat cheese.
- Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Add bread cubes, stir entire mixture gently.
- Spoon into 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, set and lightly browned.
- Remove, let casserole settle for 5 minutes before cutting.
Note: This is a vegetarian dish. You can add 1 pound cooked chopped hot sausage.