- ½ cup room temperature butter
- ¾ cup plus 3 tbls. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbls. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 6 plums ( about 2 lbs.) halved and cut into 8 slices
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbls. brown sugar
- Cool whip stirred with 1 tbls. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9” round glass dish.
- Using electric mixer, beat ½ cup softened butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then lemon juice and rind.
- Add flour and beat until smooth. Spread in prepared dish.
- Arrange plum slices in concentric circles to completely cover batter.
- Mix 3 tbls. sugar. 2 tbls. brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.