- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 12-ounce can V-8 juice
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 14 ½ ounce-can Italian tomatoes chopped to a puree
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ English cucumber, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- ¾ cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 3-4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- Dissolve gelatin in V-8 juice. Heat to boiling and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into well-greased 6-cup mold. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Unmold and serve with shrimp sauce.
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ to 1 cup oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ pound shrimp cooked, peeled, and deveined
- Chopped parsley
- Blend egg, salt, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar in blender. With machine running, pour oil in slowly and blend until mixture is thick.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Toss with the shrimp, onion and parsley.